Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

Default Rikon 18" Band Saw, Bad News-Maybe Good news

Leon, I have question for you. Do you live within a days drive or so of the
Louisville KY area? If so........I have a possibly interesting deal for you.
Here goes. I have a decent supply of Baltic birch plywood in 12" x 44"
(&60") x 3/4" mostly cabinet grade. I have made all sorts of things from it.
Problem is I occassionaly would like some thinner stock, like 1/2 or 3/8.
There is a lot of glue in baltic birch plywood and I barely have a bandsaw
worth mentioning, much less one with 12" cutting capacity. If you need some
baltic birch and want to really try that beast you have on order
out............let me know. I don't know if it will work or not, it may just
gum up the blade. You will be cutting in line with the glue most likely. For
you or anyone who would try this..........I would buy you one blade and
provide you with a couple sheets to build a nice tall resaw fence just for
trying. I have the plans somewhere in a mag for the resaw fence. I promise
not to help and would get lost if that is what you prefer (unless you wanted
the help). I don't really want to sell any of it but had in mind to go board
foot for board foot. You saw a board foot you get a board foot. Just
throwing this out for what it is worth. Anyone can respond on or off list.
Thanks in advance.
Lyndell

P.S. I am in no rush on this at all. Keep me in mind if interested.

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...
If you are like me and have one on order and it has not arrived yet, the
bad news is that it has been discontinued. The good news, it is being
upgraded and improved. The bad news, it will not be released until
sometime in January, the good news, they did not say June. The bad news,
it is going up in price to $1000, the good news, if you ordered and
prepaid from Woodcraft, you get for the new model for the same price that
you paid for the old model.

Now, I hope the blade length did not change since I have 4 blades on
order.

Has anyone heard any other information?