Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Help with eyelet type part

Tom Gardner (nospam) wrote:
The part I use is a 9/16" OD x 1/2" x 3/8" eyelet. It has been declared
obsolete by the Mfgr. I've been looking for a replacement for over a month
and can't get less than 50k parts at $.15 ea. My usage is about 4k / year.

I can use DOM tube...if I can find it. I've been looking A LOT! My normal
tube suppliers, I use 6 sizes of tube, don't have it and it looks like I
need to get a big qty.

I wish I could buy dies to make the eyelet or find a source for tube or find
a source for steel bushings (1 quote at $1.36 ea...machined from bar)

Any ideas?

(While writing this, I got a quote for DOM at $1.55 ft. ---So far, my best
bet)

Take a look at http://www.stimpson.com
They seem to have quite a colledtion to choose from.

dennis
in nca