Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foundation Repair Questions

buffalobill wrote:
type of soil, climate, type of construction, extent of buried damage...
if you have similar home to the neighbors, ask them how they are
handling their similar problem.
sometimes the feared building inspector is older and experienced and
actually the best guy to ask for help.

True. I have been following as many threads as I could on this, and
the one thing I learned was to first get an independent, competent,
reputable structural engineer without any affiliation to a repair
business to tell me what's wrong and possibly suggest remedies.

Outside of looking in the phone book and asking questions, any pointers
on finding such people? Any decent engineering society white pages for
example?

Thanks.