Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default Ryobi Table Saw?

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:01:51 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"SAIL4EVR" wrote in message
roups.com...
Personally I wouldn't use a table saw for square cuts. For that I'd
move my material to a sliding compound miter saw. Unless the material
is less than 2ft or so you can't control it well on a table saw to get
accurate squre cuts.

Then you need a better saw. A quality saw with a good fence, can be very
accurate on large sized items. I can do 30" wide on my Delta with
Beisemeyer fence and be within 1/32. If I had the room for hte 50" fence,
I'd be able to do that also. On smaller pieces, I can be even more
accurate.

====================
Ed you beat me to the punch.... LOL...

I do own a sliding table compound miter saw..
And I also own a tablesaw...But .. I do have the 50" Bies .

Makes no difference however...I would no more think of using My
sliding compound miter saw to square a panel then to use My bandsaw..
Accuracy with the tablesaw is dead on.. the CMS is nowhere near as
accurate... I do use a old Delta/Rockwell contractor saw (with a
sled) as a dedicated cut off saw... its limited however to no wider
then 17 inch boards...thats all that saw does is to cross cut
perfectly square...

Bob G.