Posted to alt.home.repair
KD

Default Lighting fixture - going out

Greetings all:

The lighting fixture in our bedroom has recently started to give us
some issues. It takes two bulbs, and there is a round frosted glass
dome that covers them both, attaches with a nut on a screw. We only use
one bulb in it (the spiral low-energy variety), we find it too bright
otherwise.

Problem lately is, the light goes out. First time it happened we
figured the bulb had gone poof. But no - turn the bulb to take it out
and replace it, and before we can unscrew it a half turn, the light
goes back on. Great. Screw dome back on. Light works for awhile, but
usually the same day it happens again. Repeat.

What could be causing this? Do I have a dangerous electrical situation,
simple loose wires, or a possessed light fixture?

Thanks!

KD