Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foundation Repair Questions

Hi,

Is there a site out there that objectively compares foundation repair
techniques? I ask because every site I found is run by some foundation
repair company with a technique to sell.

I ask because my home is in need of foundation repair. I called Atlas
(the only large company I know of in Houston, TX) and was given an
estimate of $23,150! My house only cost $77,000 and was apraised at
$98,000, which brings the total investment to $2,000 over appraisal.
Anyway, the guy put down every other foundation repair technique and
praised the Cable Lock system. I'm interested in knowing about all the
techniques (including Cable Lock) from a disinterested third party so I
can decide on what I need to do.

Thanks in Advance.