Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Electrically conductive paint?

"Dallas" wrote in message
news
In between most key pads and the circuit board below is a vinyl (rubber)
membrane pad that has an electrically conductive area that closes two
contact points on the circuit board below . (Like on the inside of a TV
remote under the push buttons)

I have a device on-off switch that is failing because the black conductive
surface is wearing off. What I am looking for is that conductive paint so
can dab a bit back on to the contacting surface area to make the switch
work
again.

Does anyone know where to get something like that?

Dallas

Electrically conductive silver paint for repairing car windscreens has
served me well in the past, and it's readily available at car shops. It's
rather pricey but it does the job.

Eventually it may need recoating as it's not really intended to flex, but
even a small bottle would do hundreds of jobs in this application.

Dave