Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,comp.arch.fpga,comp.dsp
Dave Pollum

Default Quick question, how do I supply +-5V?

previous replies were snipped

Frank wrote:
I don't know what you people are talking about.
Back to my question, how do I make a +-5V?

We need answers to these basic questions:
1)You need -5 volts, +5 volts, +3.3 volts, and +3.0 volts - correct?
(can you use just +3.3 volts instead of both +3.0volts _and_
+3.3volts?)
2)How much current do you need for each voltage?
3)What voltages and currents do your 2 HP power supplies produce?

Assuming that the HP's can produce negative voltage (with respect to
the HP's GND), then set one HP for -5 volts and set the other one for
+5 volts. Then use Low-DropOut (LDO) voltage regulators to produce the
+3.0 volts and +3.3 volts.

Dave Pollum