Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha

Default Question about watchmakers lathe uses

CAMCOMPCO wrote:
Saw this on eBay, it already sold:

Rare Boley F1 8mm WW Instrument and Watchmakers Lathe
Made in Germany Boley's most precise 5 day Auction!! Item number:
5056628181

My question is this: What can you do on this that you cannot do on a
new condition quality lathe. I have a like-new Colchester 13" and am
wondering what this watchmakers lathe can do that I can't...

I consistently work in 0.001 specs with no problem, If I have a full
set of collets and a collet drawbar, what would keep me from working as
precisely with my lathe as I could with the watchmakers lathe mentioned
above?

Thanks all.....

John

I want one of these instead: