Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Bergstrom

Default Keeping a lathe and mill warm over winter?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Pete Bergstrom" insisted

but I'd just as soon use something cheap and ready-made.

How 'bout pipe warming tape? You could just wrap a section of the base or
table and let 'er run. The stuff comes both in bulk or already terminated
with a plug.

That might work very well for the colder temperatures. I used one of
these to keep my mother's well from freezing up. Several years without a
problem so far. The one I got had a thermostat that kicked in just above
freezing; maybe I can find one that I could control across the range of
dewpoints from season to season.

Thanks!
Pete