Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default USPS 70 (Seventy) Pound Pack

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:26:15 GMT, Pete C. wrote:

I've carried an entire paper case full of about 10 of these into the
post office to send off priority mail during the holidays and while I
got a lot of odd looks from other folks in line I didn't even get a
blink out of the post office folks. I've never had a report of a broken
cookie on the receiving end either.

Kind of like when I mailed a 1 litre liquid nitrogen dewar to
Switzerland. Postmaster asked what it was, if he could see it. Looks,
well, kinda bomb-like to be honest. I've sent tons of oddball stuff out
by him (he's also the window clerk, mail sorter, and sometimes delivery
guy - small towns are great). I got "the shrug", a "nice packing,
that'll be fine" and off it went. But, we wanted to know what the heck
a dewar was, and suggested I call it a "bottle" on the forms. So it
went out as "empty insulated bottle" and "used lab equipment".

Dave Hinz