Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
louie

Default Laminate Flooring - Which is best? Sam's Club, Costsco or something else?

we've bought two laminate floors from Lumber Liquidators so far and
have been very pleased with them (the brand they sell is "Dream Home"
which I've been unable to find any info on, but like the results so
far). I tend to like the flooring with a very slight amount of texture
to it rather than a glossy surface, it tends to hide the fact that it's
synthetic better. Regardless of what floor you buy, look at the tongue
& groove system it has and see if it has a good, solid locking profile
that won't easily pull apart, especially on the ends of the planks.
Get a plastic tapping block and a pull-bar for the installation. I've
bought with the underlayment attached and separate and don't really
have a preference for or against either, though the separate
underlayment might be better as a vapor barrier if you need one. Just
be sure to compare prices accordingly if it has/doesn't have
underlayment attached to it. If you're doing the installation a table
saw (for ripping) and a chop saw (for cross & angle cuts) are very
helpful, be sure to have carbide blades and plan on changing the blades
when you're done (the aluminum oxide coating on the surface will eat up
even a carbide blade after a while). Enjoy your floor.