Posted to rec.woodworking
Woody

Default The Essential Workbench Article?

JJ:

The article on building the bench was in December '04 Tools & Shops
issue of FWW. John Poole jlpoole at sbcglobal.net even created a cut
list in Excel for the bench. If you can't reach him, let me know and
I'll forward you a copy.

~Mark.

JJ wrote:

Hello,

I have been in the planning stages for building my woodworking bench for
a few years now. I have purchased hard maple in both 4/4 and 8/4 in 8"
and greater widths. I also secured a Lee Valley twin screw vice for the
tail vise a couple of years ago. I have the Acorn Workbench plans and
have read various workbench building articles over the last few years
and checked out the sjobergs over at the local Woodcraft. I was already
to start over the holidays.

Then I got my December copy of FWW and saw the picture of the Essential
Workbench in the article about making the storage cabinets for it. I
really like the look of it and would like to get more info. Anybody have
a scanned copy or point me to a place where the article is archived? Or
if you have the article, all I really want to know is a few dimensions -
I know HOW I want to build the bench, just still a little unsure of the
size. If you could post the length and width of the benchtop and
particularly the thickness of the benchtop I would appreciate it. It
looks like it probably has a skirt around the perimeter, but I want to
know the actual thickness of the top, not the skirt.

Thanks in advance.

-jj