Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Well this is what I decided on what Table saw(s) I am going to Buy

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the great idea of the Saw Board, I will have one in my shop
for sure, it's a great idea but I am still going to buy a better
Table saw. I decided it would be between the Rigid TS3650 and The
Craftsman Model 22104. The Rigid is $549 at HD and the Craftsman Model
22104 is $529 (They have to order me one, 3 days to get, and they said
that they would give me $50 off the price for a total of $479.00). I
like the idea of the wheels on the bottom of the Rigid for moving it
around the shop, but I have heard some things about the arbor on it as
well. I am sure both have great Warranty, but I like the fence on the
Craftsman. It's seems very Solid. I also believe that buying after
market add ons seem to be easier for the Craftsman as well. Thanks for
all the ideas and happy woodworking.

In that case - I'd go with the Craftsman based on what you've said here. I
haven't looked at either saw so this is not an endorsement of the Craftsman
saw - it's a reaction to what you state above. Wheels can go on any saw
easily. A good fence is something you'll spend money on quickly if the saw
you buy doesn't have one. Good fences cost more than wheels. And - they're
more critical to good woodworking than wheels.

OK - I spent all of that time writing that, I'm going to leave it. But - I
just looked at both saws on the web. The Craftsman saw, by most measures is
a far superior saw design than the Rigid. It is a cabinet saw design versus
a table saw design. The fence system on the Craftsman is one which several
here have had experience and have vouched for. It's still what is on my
table saw and I love it. It's still as solid and as accurate as when I put
it on. It looks like the Rigid might use the same fence, but I can't really
tell from the picture.

All I can offer is my opinion, but all other things being equal, I'd go with
the Craftsman simply based on the cabinet design over the Rigid.

--

-Mike-