Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default USPS 70 (Seventy) Pound Pack

Richard J Kinch wrote:

williamhenry writes:

... the greatest thing is you can order
the boxes for free and print your postage out online and give the
packages to your everyday mailman

And you get a good laugh when he grabs this small box that weighs 40 lbs.

Not sure about that one, in my experience postal workers don't even
flinch at oddball packages. An example are my (in)famous CTUs a.k.a.
cookie transport units a.k.a. cookie pipe bombs.

These are 12" long pieces of 4" dia PVC drain pipe with end caps taped
on, they get nice printed mailing labels and standard "packing list
enclosed" envelopes that contain the delivery card. Internal packaging
is a wrap of bubble wrap around the plastic freezer bag containing the
cookies and foam inserts in the end caps.

I've carried an entire paper case full of about 10 of these into the
post office to send off priority mail during the holidays and while I
got a lot of odd looks from other folks in line I didn't even get a
blink out of the post office folks. I've never had a report of a broken
cookie on the receiving end either.

Pete C.