Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Default Whats it called, how do I make on?

Ken Sterling wrote:
snip
PS I built the tower its going on, 8.5 metres, teaching myself to weld
as I went. Welding gets better as you go up.......so, the next logical
step is to build the antenna that goes on top of that.........

Andrew VK3BFA.

So... the weakest portion of the tower is the bottom-most structure.
Sounds like you need to build another antenna tower from the "top,
down"....Or just flip the existing tower upside-down so the strongest
part is at the bottom.... G
Ken.

Yeh, Ken - I know that - BUT logic dictates that when I climb it, I
will fall off the top. SO, if the top is the STRONGEST bit, it will
not break so I will not fall. So there......perfectly safe.... who says
engineering is complicated ....... blatantly obvious, really.....

And thank you, folks, for comments and ideas - appreciated . Swaging is
the term I needed to know. More research will be done, it might take a
while, but I will get there...If necessary, I will buy another hammer -
I have noticed that REAL engineers usually have more than one.....

Andre3w VK3BFA.