Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Old tile on bathroom floor

wrote:

Any suggestions on improving the look of old (1936) tile? Something to
add a little shine. Can you wax tile, or will it only cause it to
become slippery? Polyurethane? Suggestions welcome.

We use a Trewax product, for tile, terazzo and slate, on our terazzo
floors. Kitchen, two baths, and hall are terazzo. We initially used a
three-step product from Home Depot, which is stripper, sealer, polish.
The Trewax is less expensive, as we could only buy the other in one gal.
size. Trewax give gloss finish, lasts us pretty well 2 years. Lots of
elbow grease with blue scrubber to take it off but the finish is
gorgeous. Have to be careful to get it on evenly, as puddles dry hard
and will show irregularity. Don't know how it affects grout.