Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Sawney Beane

Default UPS Fraud in Furnace Parts

Rich Greenberg wrote:

In article ,
Sawney Beane wrote:

I think I am dealing with crooks who have caused me a lot of
trouble, misused my credit card, told me to file a claim against a
company I don't think is at fault, and caused me to spend
Thanksgiving with my house at 48 degrees. What do I do now?

Tell UPS that you are not accepting the shipment and they should return
it.

I'll do that. I think probably this one is okay, but I don't need
it now and don't trust the vendor.

Dispute the charge with the CC company. This MUST be in writing and
sent certified mail.

I don't think certified mail is necessary. I had couple of
problems several years ago. My bank agreed and I got chargebacks.
This month, for the first time since then, I wrote to my bank about
another charge I considered fraudulent. I've gotten a chargeback.
It's a powerful weapon because the offending company must pay a big
penalty to the CC company. Now another problem in the same month?
These things must come in clusters.

Next time buy from a local reputable company.

This is the first problem I've had with a small, unknown company.
I think it's the big companies who have the MBAs who see how much
they can improve the bottom line by bilking CC customers. Most
customers won't complain. If the other shoe falls and chargebacks
spoil the bottom line, those MBAs expect to be long gone.