Posted to alt.home.repair
docmill

Default Dishwasher - Floor - Dilema

dk wrote in :

A few years back I had vinyl place on my kitchen floor. The sub floor
was in such bad shape that the installers had to lay 3/4 inch plywood.
I'm now having tile installed in the kitchen which requires 3/4 inch of
backboard. The problem is that with the additional 1 and 1/2 inches of
sub floor I have no clearance to maneuver my dish washer. I could leave
the dishwasher as is but I know that one day the dishwasher will fail
and I'll have to replace it. Any ideas how to get around the potential
problem???

TIA

You need to shim up the floor cabinets to meet the existing floor or you
can't get around it. If I read this right, it's not a good idea anyway to
try and makeshift this into a matching problem. You would either need to
raise all the countertop, 3/4" or shim the floor cabinets up and have a
true installation. Either way the counter tops are the big deal.

--
Docmill's "Home Of Hotlinks In the FryingSpam"