Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

Default Clausing spindle bearings-help!

Terry,

Ask to speak with Jo(lene) Olds at Clausing, if she is still there. She's
been pretty helpful to me in the past.

Mike

"Terry Keeley" tkee(no spam)@(or mail)rogers.com wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Eric, you're right I'm sure, the person that was recommended at SKF
was on the road for the week so I asked if anyone else could help...

Not sure about Clausing, posts on the Yahoo Group weren't too encouraging.

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:20:18 -0500, "Terry Keeley" tkee(no spam)@(or
mail)rogers.com wrote:

Greetings Terry,
I assume you have contacted Clausing asking them how to mount the
bearings. If not, try, maybe they can help. They helped me a few years
ago with questions about an Atlas lathe. I have spoken with both SKF
and NTN engineers. Both were helpful. But I also had to go through
some younger engineers to finally speak to older ones with more
experience. You need to be able to tell the engineer how the bearings
are mounted. The mount limits the options. The lines converging or
diverging regulate the stiffness of the assembly. Try SKF again and
insist, politely, to speak to someone who really knows.
ERS