Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.building.construction
Phil Scott

Default Why is the installation the most important part of choosing a furnace?

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
ups.com...
However, since this is a remove and replace situation, will
any of the
points you mention really apply? The house is prefectly
comfortable as
is right now, it's just that the existing furnace is 35
years old.

not as critical...however it never pays to have a hasher do
the work.

The reason why I posted this question is that the comments
I've read
about the installation being most important are usually part
of answers
to persons just like me ... replacing a furnace, not a brand
new
installation. I can understand a brand new installation
where all the
duct work needs to be run, etc. That's a lot more planning
and more
chance of things going wrong like you mention. But what can
go wrong
when you're basically swapping in a newer furnace.

Thanks,
Harry