Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default putting an outlet in a ceramic tile floor

My wife is nagging me for an outlet in the entryway. The only possible
place for it is in the ceramic tile floor. I have a lot of questions...

1) How do I do the cut out? I have a bit for my rotary tool that claimed to
be made for cutting ceramic tile. Anyone used one of these? Is is
reliable? I don't want to start something i can't finish, or shatter the
tile. It is 1/4" so i could use my router instead of the rotary tool.
Would that be a good choice? Would I crank the speed down to match a rotary
tool? How do I make the initial hole; a carbide drill?
Any other suggestions?

2) Any electrical code relevant to a floor outlet? I suppose GFCI would be
a good choice, anything else?

thanks.