Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan

Default crawlspace vent screen removed by varmints

"Good god what died!" cried my wife.
"Hey! It's not my fault (this time)." I said.

Apparently something has died near our master BR; therefore, either attic,
wall, or crawlspace. This is where I try to tell myself the smell isn't
really that bad. I'm not succeeding with that plan. It's foul!

So, in our downpour this morning, I'm cleaning gutters, I prefer to clean
gutters in the rain (it conserves water), and I notice that the crawlspace
vent screens have been torn back on two of the vents. We've heard animal
noises under the house recently (I should have checked sooner) and I've had
to trap raccoons on occasion over our years in this house.

What should I do to rescreen the vents so that they are raccon-proofed.
They pulled the screens and nails out of the wood. Will screws be enough?