Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Default Adding a wet bar to basement, tieing into main drain stack

Bought a book on plumbing, but it doesn't seem to address my particular
situation in the basement:

Adding a wetbar right next to the drain stack. No more than a couple
feet away depending on how the cabinets all line up...

1) I take it I MUST vent, but then I read some things that indicated
distance from the stack was important as far as requiring a vent or
not. So, do I need to vent?

2) If so, any reason not to use an air-admittance valve since a vent
line is not easily accessible?

3) If you suggest not using a cheater valve, I'm trying to figure out
how to do a loop valve. All the diagrams I have loop it under the
floor, which isn't going to be easy in a cement basement! ;-)

Thanks all again!