Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Terry C.

Default Analog to VGA conversion

I have a Sony CCD camera connected to a controller that outputs video as
analog RGB with external sync (four cable BNC). The video monitor (NTSC/PAL)
used to view the live feed has since died and I'm looking for an alternative
for video monitoring. I'd like to use a vga monitor (PC) as a replacement.
Not much luck yet finding a suitable conversion device or component.
Everything I've read seems to say it isn't that easy. Is it? Or could you
use a video card to capture the live video into a PC? A frame grabber would
work, but it makes focusing the camera difficult as you have to constantly
focus-grab, focus- grab. Best case would be a card that can handle real time
live feed. I'm asking for professional advice on options. Video card or
otherwise. Video conversion is not my specialty, so I wouldn't mind a
dummy's guide sort of approach. Thx.