Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday

Default Corrugated v smooth wall piping for DC

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:29:37 +0000, Rob V wrote:

I just did my shop w/ 6" PVC runs every where to just about every machine.
This replaced my 4 & 5" spiral pipe.

There is no difference - the PVC is just better all around. Also - if your
going to do it - spend the extra few bux and go 6" - it will make a world
of difference.

How? The impellers can only move 'x' amount of air in a given time. This
is a volume measurement. A larger pipe 'consumes' more of that volume per
linear unit and this would reduce velocity all by itself. But there would
seem to be a more important matter ... that of the neck and impeller
dimensions. Even if I make the main run 6", I am still constrained by
that, aren't I?

Or am I?

Bill