Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dick

Default tool grinding

I've got a H/F lathe tool grinder, a copy of a Balder or something. Any
way I have read that the green wheels are for carbide but that you shouldn't
sharpen tool steel on a green wheel. I'm thinking about getting a diamond
wheel to put on this and was wondering if tool steel can be sharpened on the
diamond wheel? Also, which diamond wheel would you get if you could only get
one, coarse, medium or fine? As always, thanks in advance for your comments.
This is by far my favorite forum.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at