StevieBoy

Default Brad gun recommendations

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:58:52 +0100, Eric the Red wrote:

I am after a brad gun to make single person assembly easier. I just want
something I can operate with one hand so I can line panels up tack together
whilst the glue is setting.

I would be looking to tack though 6mm MDF or ply and possibly as thick as
12mm. Are cheaper guns able to get through this thickness of wood?

Anyone got any recommendations which are good and which are bad.

Eric

I've got a £9.99 Screwfix "Nail Master Kit" Brad Gun. You need to use
both hands to get the brads to go all the way in. One hand on the
trigger, and the other hand to apply pressure to the top of the gun,
to ensure the brad goes all the way into the wood.

The gun uses 18ga brads, and includes 2000 each of 15,20 & 25mm brown
headed brads.

Haven't used it in 'anger' yet, but testing on a bit of chipboard gave
positive results. (I didn't need it in the first place, but at £9.99
it seemed rude not to buy it).

Regards,
Steve
--