Eric the Red

Default Vacuum cleaner for DIY

I bought the WD1000 from Wickes, about £40. Looks very similar to the Earlex
which is available at other DIY stores for a couple of quid more.

Its not particularly fancy just a straight forward drum vacuum It has a good
long hose which you can attach to powertools to cut down on creating too
much mess in the first place. Then for cleaning up it has a good strong
vacuum and eats brick dust/light rumble.

In my opinion a good value at £40.

Eric.

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I need a vacuum cleaner which is small and easy to handle to get into all
the nooks and crannies around pipework etc. to clean up dust, swarf et al.

Using the main domestic vac is a pain because it is too cumbersome.

The little B&D dustbusters seem a joke - especially with an 8 minute run
time :-(

I saw this in B&Q

http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...ID=62428&maxBu
llets=999
which looks a reasonable solution - also designed to suck dust from power
tools :-)

Does anyone have experience of this, and how effective it is?

I note that it is only 600W whereas compact domestic vacs from Argos e.g.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...y?storeId=1000
1&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=64736
are 1400W i.e. over twice the power.

Any viable alternatives at roughly the same price or cheaper?

TIA
Dave R