Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob (but not THAT Bob)

Default Ceramic tiles changing color

KJ wrote:

Hello all,

I have a house, built less than 2 years ago. The tiles in the shower have
started to change color. First one, then another and on it goes. Right
now, it is the bottom row that is changing but since it is spreading I am
concerned. The builder had no answer for me on this.

Any suggestions?

The fact that its the bottom row makes me wonder - are they full tiles
or were they cut to fit?

If cut, maybe something from either the thinset mortar or grout or even
water itself is leaching into the tile from the cut edge.

If whole tiles, then that's less likely.