Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

Default Appliances on brand new tile floors?

No, I did not mean vinyl tile in the original question.
However, how much difference in time before you can put major appliances
down on regular (ceramic or stone) tile, vinyl tile and sheet linoleum?

depends on the sub floor i would think. i just had tile laid in the
kitchen and foyer of my in-laws condo. it was on a slab. 48 hours was
fine. however if you are going over cement board or worse wood i would
wait longer for the thin set to cure or set up. thin set over concrete
does not take long. contact a thin set company.