Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Broken Braun Shaver

Charles Schuler wrote:
Always suspect the batteries first!

You may have a point. :-)

The shaver is a model 5471, with the popup "long hair trimmer". I
checked
all the linkages and cleaned everything possible, and the shaver (and
the
popup thing) only would work with the foil taken off. Same situation
with
the thing pluged in, so I thought the battery was fine, but I let it
charge
overnight, it acted the same, but by the second day of lying unused,
the
battery was dead. Survey says ... battery problem.

At this point I assume the answer is just to write the thing off and
get a
get shaver. Thanks for the help.