Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave

Default Oh $#!@. I think I got screwed on eBay again.

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi all,

Bad day. My mag drill which I bought from Germany arrived and I think I
got screwed. It is a Hougen 10912 variable speed machine:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7562715430

Cosmetically it looks good (as it does in the photos), but I can't get
it to work. I knew the feed handles weren't included and figured I could
get or make some easily. The magnet can be energised okay, although
I am surprised that I can pull it off a 1" thick piece of steel, and wonder
if this is normal? But I can't get the motor to run.
[...]

You are in the North America? Maybe the German guy plugged it into
240VAC ?