Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robin S.

Default How to best mount certain tooling in Clausing mill with MT#2 spindle?

"Eddie" wrote in message
ink.net...
One more question. How hard do I torque the drawbar
on this baby? I could relate to terms like crank the @#@! out of it, but I
would be a little more comfortable of I could get an answer in terms of
in-lbs or similar since that's what I'm used to in auto repair
specifications.

Hard enough so that the tool won't fall out, obviously.

But seriously, I just tighten mill drawbars as tight as is comfortable (not
crushing fingers or dislocating a shoulder) and of course never hit it with
a hammer or use any type of extension.

I think you'll notice the tool moving in the collet if it's not tight
enough. If you go too hard, you'll have trouble loosening the drawbar.
Neither of these situations are correct. I can't imagine there would be any
great benefit to a torque specification.

Remember that I have never used your mill. YMMV.

Regards,

Robin