Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
Rod Speed

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:00:23 +1100, Terry Collins

One big difference between the U.S. and Argentina is that our
debt is in DOLLARS. When the big crunch comes, the U.S. Govt. can
print money to pay its debts. The hyperinflation resulting from
this would also reduce the debt in "real" dollars- A. McIntire

So I should swap to Italian lire or Hong Kong dollars now to preserve
the value of my money.

Oh wait, the rest of the world is swapping to Euros' {:-).

=================
"Many a truth is oft spake in jest." This was one of them.
It is unlikely our overseas lenders will continue to accept
US dollar denominated bonds forever.

We'll see. It still leaves every other currency for dead
unless you want to trade on currency fluctuations.

When you see the US issuing foreign
bonds denominated in Euros, yuan, etc.

Taint gunna happen, you watch.

run, don't walk, to the exits.

Evita plays softly here

Just another silly little fantasy, like the one that
a full scale depression is just around the corner.

Wouldnt be anything like the last one even if it does happen.