Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
F. George McDuffee

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:00:23 +1100, Terry Collins

One big difference between the U.S. and Argentina is that our debt is
in DOLLARS. When the big crunch comes, the U.S. Govt. can print money
to pay its debts. The hyperinflation resulting from this would also
reduce the debt in "real" dollars- A. McIntire

So I should swap to Italian lire or Hong Kong dollars now to preserve
the value of my money.

Oh wait, the rest of the world is swapping to Euros' {:-).

"Many a truth is oft spake in jest." This was one of them. It
is unlikely our overseas lenders will continue to accept US
dollar denominated bonds forever. When you see the US issuing
foreign bonds denominated in Euros, yuan, etc. run, don't walk,
to the exits.

Evita plays softly here

Uncle George