Posted to alt.home.repair
Beachcomber

Default Is there a F connector for RG6 that is 90 degrees?

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:58:08 GMT, Steve Kraus
wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
Any reason you need to replace the coax? Just curious.

Maybe it's RG59. Not clear if he means the runs in the walls or just the
interconnects.

RG59 is more suitable for baseband video signals vs. broadband
broadcast RF.

If you want the best, specify RG6/U Quad shield cable. Use of cheaper
cables can allow VHF broadcast signals (CH2 - 13) to penetrate the
crappy shielding and cause ghosts and interference.

Also, theoretically, you don't want to have too many 90 degree bends
in your cable (as is the case with that adapter). Even though I say
this, I use them where they are convenient and usually everything
works ok, but the theory says you are creating a discontinuity causing
reflections, interference, and possibly reducing the bandwidth of your
cable.

Beachcomber