Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Having stove in the basement to heat whole house...

"I R Baboon" wrote in message
i disagree with everyone. i have a 880 sq ft 103 y/o ranch style house with
little or no insulation anywhere. my woodstove is in the basement. it
heats
up the entire basement and then the nice warm air does what it does best.
on
the ceilings of the main floor there is a ceiling fan to push that nice
warm
air pack down again. i can heat my entire house all winter just using the
woodstove in the basement.

And the temperature differential is less than 2 degrees from room to room?
And never fluctuates more than two degrees?