Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default How to undo a Titebond III joint.

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:00:15 GMT, "Charles Self"
wrote:

when
making a repair on a stringed instrument you have to disassemble parts
that are fine to get to the repair. My son wrecked his double bass
recently and I've done a lot of research into the subject in
anticipation of making the repairs. Apparently, a heated knife and a
drop of alcohol will part hide glue seams.

However, you do not want to leave your wooden stringed instrument in
the car, in Mississipp,i in the summer. I can assure you it will do
it no good.

True. Same goes for your dog, wife/girlfriend/cheesecake/ice
cream/mayonnaise and probably even sunglasses. But some green wood, leave it
there with the windows cracked an inch, and you might well knock two months
off normal drying time.