Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default How to undo a Titebond III joint.

"jtpr" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, first the good news. I put the box up on some 2x4 pieces around the
edge, couple of knocks with a piece of wood and a hammer and the bottom
popped out. Bad news is; I'm not overly impressed with the adhesive
properties of TB III.

Anyway, I am all ears as to what you folks feel would be a better
adhesive to us in this kind of construction. I don't really know what
"hide glue" or a "thermostatic gluepot" is. Do you have brand names
for this stuff that I could find in the states?

I really like the stuff that Garratt-Wade sells.
Though frankly, if you box came apart that easily, you either caught it
before it was fully set or did a lousy job of gluing it.

Thanks for all the advice, still good knowledge to have.

-Jim