Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default If You Label, They Will Crush

"Battleax" wrote in message

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...
"Battleax" wrote in message

The packing job was simply not up to the task. "LeeValley" tape is way

too
short over the ends and the box is too light. I'm surprised.

Product arrived with no damage. Packaging worked perfectly. The
standard
for tape over the end is 2" Anything more is a waste of tape. Plain

paper
tape must be in an H pattern, but reinforced tape is OK with one strip.
Carton is to specifications as required by UPS and the NSTA.

Well that box wouldn't have made it much further. It may be to someone's
specification but it's not good enough

For a lot of years, I'd get tools shipped from Taiwan (pre-mainland) to the
West Coast to here, about a 6000 mile journey. I'd then have to repack and
return the tools after testing. Biggest problem: the original cartons were
designed to go 6000 miles. They might make 6500. Ask them for 9000, and the
contents would spill out all over something or other. So I too often had to
rebuild the cartons out of tape and cardboard.

You used to be able to pretty much pinpoint the origin from the color of the
corrugated cardboard. The Asian cardboard had a really nasty yellowish
color. I have no idea what the differences in the mixtures were, or are, but
the current cartons are 100% better, even from the mainland Chinese
factories. The Taiwanese tools are at least 100% better, too.