Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Impact Drivers

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Its got nothing to do with screwfix, that's what the manufactures call
them. Did you even bother to look at any of the links I provided, if you
had you would realise that there is more then one tool on the market now
called an Impact Driver with completely different intended use, and not
to confuse either of the above with an Impact Wrench which you seem to
be.

I don't need to look at maker's websites to know what an impact driver is
- and neither, apparently, do the vast majority of others replying to this
thread. I don't give a toss if the name has been hi-jacked. An impact
driver will continue to mean what it is. If you want to call it an impact
drill driver that would be ok. But it's basically just an impact wrench
with a different chuck.

Notice the 1/2 square drive. the small battery Impact Drivers have a
1/4 _HEX_ drive to take a driver bit.

Then they should find a new name for it.

Why, most tradesmen seem to be able to cope with new tools and the
resulting terminology even if you cant.

In my 'trade' we make very sure not to call two different things by the
same name. Would lead to all sorts of confusion...
And the impact driver has been around for a very long time - long before
cordless tools were invented.

Besides, this is a DIY group and we like to call things by their correct
names. Or thingie, of course.

FFS even Drivel know more about this then you.

You appear to know little about common tools too.

Quite possibly, but obviously considerably more then you,
I think you should stick to bickering with drivel,
and then I can safely put you back in my killfile.

Why do you think anyone is interested about the contents of your killfile?

--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.