Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Impact Drivers

Dave Plowman (News) typed

I'm not interested in what Screwfix call things - I'm quite clear
what an impact driver and impact wrench are.

Its got nothing to do with screwfix, that's what the manufactures call them.
Did you even bother to look at any of the links I provided, if you had you
would realise that there is more then one tool on the market now called an
Impact Driver with completely different intended use, and not to confuse
either of the above with an Impact Wrench which you seem to be.

Notice the 1/2 square drive. the small battery Impact Drivers have a
1/4 _HEX_ drive to take a driver bit.

Then they should find a new name for it.

Why, most tradesmen seem to be able to cope with new tools and the resulting
terminology even if you cant.

FFS even Drivel know more about this then you.

You appear to know little about common tools too.

Quite possibly, but obviously considerably more then you,
I think you should stick to bickering with drivel,
and then I can safely put you back in my killfile.

-