Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Water heater wiring for generator hookup and to 120 VAC power?

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:08:27 GMT, Ignoramus5455
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:00:45 -0500, mm wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:50:19 -0500, "wkearney99"
wrote:

With all due respect, I welded an exhaust extendion and placed it
through an airtight seal to the window.

Homemade welds and seals, sure, that's safe....

Have you ever been inside a commercial repair facility that pipes the
auto exhausts to the vehicles they are working on?

Which often have a good bit of OTHER air circulation equipment.

I don't see how that would make a difference. The engine sucks in
air and blows iit out the rear, and out the garage door through the
hose. How is any other air circuilation equipment necessary?

I mean:How is it necessary to exhaust the poisonous exhaust gases? In
a shop where they work on autos.

Because the generator produces other heat besides that which is
exhausted through the exhaust.
The equation roughly is
Generator power in kW = Exhaust heat carried = Cooling air warmed.
In other words, 33% of energy consumed (burned fuel) is electricity,
33% is exhaust heat, and 33% is cooling heat. It needs to be removed
from the garage. Percentages are approximate.

Heat may be bad at times, but it's not poisonous. The topic was CO
poisoning.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.