Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Impact Drivers

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:30:29 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
They are a linsey-woolsey organisation if ever I saw one - sort of
being a DIY outlet but having a limited range, and sort of being a
trade outlet but again having a limited range of mediochre quality
things - e.g. the timber and the tools.

They were selling that Canadian constructional timber - the stuff with the
rounded corners. Had about 40 lengths in stock. And not one of them even
vaguely straight.

I know. Occasionally I buy that stuff from a timber merchant for
resawing or thicknessing for certain projects. It can be a cheap way
to buy reasonable material easily. Generally the decent stuff from
major producers in Finland is OK.

However, the Wickes stuff, as you say, is utter crap. There would be
so little left after planing to straighten it, it isn't worth it.

--

..andy