Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Elliott

Default Knocking sound in central heating system

On 23/11/2005, bland wrote:

An old chestnut reply is to ask if the valve is fitted the right way
round for the water flow. Older TRV's will rattle if the flow is
backward, these should have an arrow or indicator to show the
correct flow direction. Some newer valves are bidirectional

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I assume that the water is
flowing from the hotter radiator pipe to the cooler one, and if so,
it's fitted back to front. Looks like I'll need to wait till the next
time I want to drain the system.

--
Simon Elliott http://www.ctsn.co.uk