Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar

David Hansen wrote:
On 30 Nov 2005 05:40:02 -0800 someone who may be "Alan"
wrote this:-

Any commercially installed systems I have seen are twice this price

ISTM that the premium for such systems is £1000. Against this is a
grant and reduction in VAT.

It is criminal that grants are not available to DIY'ers.

I entirely agree, as well as the discrimination over VAT. I think
this is another example of the administrators taking over and
driving out those who know what they are talking about. All very
much "New" Labour claptrap.

We live in a society where commercial solar DHW installers either dont
know what theyre doing, or dont care, or both, where Administratum
doesnt either, but naively assumes the pros are clueful and gainful,
and the DIYers not to be trusted with a barge pole.

IOW we live in a society where the lie becomes the truth, and the truth
the lie.

Unfortunately society pays the price over and over for this
foolishness.

NT