Posted to alt.coatings.paint,alt.home.repair
Ken Moiarty

Default Suggestions please: Alternate equivalents to Varathane "Colors In Plastic" (polyurethane) paint?

"Norminn" wrote in message

Have you shaken the can prior to appl?

Not a good idea... (Perhaps I should clarify: my description of the problem
would be different if I hadn't already been successful in preventing bubbles
from forming in the paint prior to its application.)

Using good quality bristle brush?

Two $30+ Purdy's. One synthetic, the other natural bristle. The best they
have in my local HD store. HD is not the ideal place to shop for quality, I
realize, but could a better brush than these really make a difference in a
problem of this description?

Brushing too much? Yes, I've brushed too much, too little, and everything
in between... I've spent too much time trying everything hoping to strike
it lucky and find that "just right" brushing technique, or the knack
thereof, presumptively required to avoid the problem.

Clean surface?

Initially.. clean but not obsessively so. But as I've kept doubling and
re-doubling my efforts to assiduously control for 'this variable and that
variable', so as to get at least a handle on the problem... well let's just
say I don't know how much cleaner it could get beyond what I have since been
getting it.

Ken