Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default To cold to paint?

"Gordon Parks" wrote in message
news:lTrjf.6729$AB2.1820@trnddc08...
I am having a shed built this week with T1-11 siding. The company that is
building it told me today that I have to paint it with in 30 days or the
warranty (5 years against materials and workmanship) will be voided. I

live
in Indiana and the temps are getting cold around here. High today was

around
55 degrees fairenheit. The paint can says I should wait until the temp

stays
above that to ensure proper drying. Does anyone know of a paint that will
work in the 30-50 degree range? ANy other suggestions for getting this

done?
I don't have any way to heat and keep a 12 X 20 shed warm until the paint
dries.

Borrow a garage, and pre-paint the panels before they go up. Stand there
with a warm can of paint and a sponge to smear the fresh-cut edges before
they go up. Only exposed bottom edges are critical- all the other edges
should be under trim or Z-flashing anyway.

aem sends...