Posted to rec.woodworking
rllipham

Default Corrugated v smooth wall piping for DC

Keep the velocity. If you have a decent DC you do not have to worry
much about velocity that is unless you plan to send 3' pieces through
the system.

Remember:

It's not "How much wood could a wood suck suck if a wood suck could
suck wood." or something like that.

You can go with PVC. I purchased the PVC thin wall sewer pipe at
Lowes. The borg did not have them. A plumbing supplier should help.
THis was the cheapest and easiest way for me to go.

I put 6" for all horizontal runs and reduced to 4" for the vertical
runs and then used the corregated hoses from the blast gates.

I also run the piping through a drop box prior to the DC. I clean the
DC about twice a year.

The sewer PVC is lighter and simply easier to cut and handle.
Hope this helps.